A different approach to overcome anxiety and stress in both children AND THEIR PARENTS.
Is your child:
Feeing anxious over things they can’t control?
Worrying about possible future events?
Comparing themselves to others?
Feeling sad and overwhelmed?
BUT WHAT ABOUT YOU?
IF YOU AS A PARENT ARE STRESSED OUT, ANXIOUS OR UNHAPPY, YOUR CHILDREN WILL BE TOO.
We’re living life faster than ever, always rushing to the next thing to then rush from, panicking we’ll be late to get there and frustrated when others are holding us up. This has a great cost on both ours and our children’s health and happiness. After working with many young people who were struggling with anxiety, it became clear to me how much of that anxiety was actually coming from their parent’s own anxiety and stress. Let’s face it life is stressful and as a parent you are often so focused on your children’s wellbeing that you forget about your own, but your well-being affects your children’s too because your energy will always be felt by the ones who are closest to you, yes, no matter how good you think you might be at covering it up.
the best way you can help your child with their anxiety and stress is to work on your own first, so…
How often are you rushing around?
How many times a day do you feel frustrated because others are holding you up?
How many cups of caffeine do you need just to get through the day?
How much time do you take for yourself each week?
If you were to rate your own stress and anxiety levels out of 10 what would they be?
HOW IS THIS AFFECTING YOUR LIFE?
- How many days have you had off work because of yours or your child’s anxiety and stress?
- How many hours are you spending worrying each day?
- How many relationships are frayed because your patience is exhausted?
- How is this affecting your home life?
- Are you truly happy with how you are living?
What if it could be different?
What would yours and your children’s life look and feel like?
How could your relationships change?
What could be the impact on yours and your family’s overall health and happiness?
- Waking up feeling energised and excited about life.
- Being fully present and focused with your family and at work.
- Having harmonious relationships.
- Feeling happier all round.
AND YOUR CHILDREN
- Feeling calmer.
- Being less anxiety in new situations.
- Having better relationships at home and at school.
- Feeling more confident and being more independent.
- Trying new things.
- Feeling happier, having fun and laughing more.
Drawing from my own lived experience with anxiety, my work with Student Breakthrough, and mindfulness and meditation techniques, I have created my Anxiety Exit framework which helps both children and their parents to decrease anxiety and stress and increase calm and happiness so that they live their life not just survive their life.
I work with both children and their parents in the following ways:
- Public Speaking – As an inspirational and motivational speaker I deliver talks, Keynotes and trainings on topics around anxiety, stress, self-confidence, self-esteem and personal development to both children and parents in workplaces, the community and education. I draw from both my own experiences and the experiences of the wonderful clients who I am so grateful and blessed to have worked with. I’m a warm and engaging speaker, though I’m also not afraid to give a hard truth or two, but my light-hearted delivery leaves my audience engaged, inspired and motivated.
- Group programs – In person or online for children and parents. Combining coaching, mentoring, mindfulness and meditation. These are fun, engaging and interactive small group sessions that run for a set number of weeks. This is not a support group, but a program for moving you and your children forward toward a better life. We aren’t here to to be an echo chamber of negativity around anxiety. These group sessions have a lot of positive energy behind them and focus on moving you and your child forward quickly to overcome anxiety and start living a life you are excited for.
- 1:1 coaching online – Combining coaching, mentoring, mindfulness and meditation. These sessions are positive, engaging, fun and future focused programs that run over a number of weeks. They have all the qualities of the group coaching sessions, but are great for those who would like a more tailored approach or prefer a 1:1 setting.